Advanced Correctional Deputy Training
Ongoing training courses assist correctional deputies in performing a variety of duties in a correctional facility:
- Maintain security through key, door, tool, and equipment control; photograph prisoners and take fingerprints.
- Receive visitors; process prisoner correspondence, phone calls, and request slips; prepare and route booking sheets and related paperwork.
- Control contraband through routine facility and inmate searches; supervise inmates during meals and recreational activities.
- Prepare for the transportation of prisoners by applying restraint equipment and inspecting vehicles for safety.
- Perform business and record keeping functions, including monetary transactions, data terminal operations, and records duration of confinement and release dates.
- Administer oral medication to prisoners as prescribed by a physician.
Class flyers are being updated to reflect the following payment options.
Riverside County Sheriff/Ben Clark Training Center
Attn: BCTC Course Fees Accounting & Finance
16791 Davis Ave.
Riverside, CA 92518