Class flyers advise which classes
require pre-enrollment with California Community College.
Class fees are subject to change.
Please confirm fees prior to starting the class.
Advanced Correctional Deputy Training
Ongoing training courses assist correctional deputies in performing a variety of duties in a correctional facility:
- Maintain security through key, door, tool, and equipment control; photograph prisoners and take fingerprints.
- Receive visitors; process prisoner correspondence, phone calls, and request slips; prepare and route booking sheets and related paperwork.
- Control contraband through routine facility and inmate searches; supervise inmates during meals and recreational activities.
- Prepare for the transportation of prisoners by applying restraint equipment and inspecting vehicles for safety.
- Perform business and record keeping functions, including monetary transactions, data terminal operations, and records duration of confinement and release dates.
- Administer oral medication to prisoners as prescribed by a physician.