Appropriate dress for class is required. It is the student’s responsibility to maintain a clean, neat and professional appearance. Some courses may require the wearing of uniforms or special attire. Course coordinators and/or course announcements may specify either a style or type of dress for a specific course.
Acceptable dress includes:
- Issued Department uniform.
- For Males: Casual business slacks and shirt with collar.
- For Females: Casual business slacks or business dress and shirt/blouse with collar.
Unacceptable dress includes:
- Any shirt/blouse without a collar, including t-shirts, tank tops or halter tops
- Clothing which is inappropriately worn, stained, soiled or unpressed
- Clothing or decoration which expresses a political opinion, or expresses an attitude or opinion contrary to the public safety codes of ethics
- Students may not wear a hat inside any facility except as specifically required by the course they are attending.
- Riverside County Sheriff's Departmental Directive 08-010 (Personal Appearance Standards) will apply to all Riverside County Sheriff's employees during training (i.e. the covering of tattoos, grooming standards, jewelry and accessories and civilian attire).
Students who do not comply with the dress code may be asked to leave the premises.